Sunday, November 21

If You're Not Happy Being Single, You're Not Ready For Marriage

So Pastor Chris was speaking in his second sermon on in the series on sex. That's when he made that quote. He was saying that a lot of people get into relationships thinking that their other half would fill the insecurities that they feel. And the danger in this is that so often, that void doesn't get filled, and very often, the insecurity carries on into a marriage. In the end, it could lead in the eventual breakdown in marriage.

Speaking of reationships, I spent a lot of time brooding in the last few months after the break up, cos' all of a sudden, i found myself with too much time and no one to spend it with. But I really thank God for showing me that this time could be spent on the people I've neglected all this while. Family, friends, and even myself. I've probably grown more spirtually in the past few months than I have in my whole JC life and that probably would not have been possible if I didn't have more time for myself. I still have a lot to learn though.

It's probably a coincidence, but for some strange reason, I've got a lot of friends who are either heartbroken or lovesick, and yes most of them are in NS now.

Guess I wanna encourage all those that feeling low cos of some relationship problems that, although your heart tells you that you've gotta be with someone, don't rush into a relationship because you feel a void in your life. Instead, enjoy your freedom as a single and use this time to build yourself up as an individual, in your spiritual life, learn new skills, go out with all those friends you always wanted to catch up with.

God really wants the best for us, so don't sweat it man! He will provide.