Friday, April 15

Apprehensions

You know as I got my biking license last Monday, a few thoughts were going through my head. Firstly, I was quite esctatic that I had passed first time. Of the 90 pple that took the traffic police test, there were only 40 of us who passed left in the holding room. Those who failed streamed out of the room as their names were called out.

Secondly, as I was looking around the room at the ppl who passed, I had this frightening thought. Everybody looked really happy, but thats because everybody assumes accidents will never happen to you. Getting a bike license really exposes you to a whole new world of risk. Some of the driving center instructors tell me it's really sad to see their student pass the test, only to see their faces in the obituaries in the following month.

I just found out another one of my ex-schoolmates from AC passed away last evening.

He was involved in a motocycling accident.