Wednesday, May 25

Living On A Prayer

I'm just amazed at how God provides for everything. Been praying for a job, particularly hard to come by especially since I'll be taking 10 days off for Church camp and Mt Kinabalu, and then starting school in August. Need one quite urgently to raise cash for the trip and for my personal expenses.

So Tse Siang and I were walking at Suntec with the intention of approaching Balaclava if they needed waiters. They happened to be closed, so we decided to go watch Episode 3 instead.

Upon passing by the Ralph Lauren store, I just made a comment that a friend used to work there, and mentioned that the pay was quite good, about $6+ an hour. With nothing to lose, we just went in and enquired about part time vacancies. To our surprise, the store manager, Doreen, happened to be looking for staff as it was the sales period.

Doreen: "So when can you start work?"

Gabe: "How about, NOW?!"

I'm especially thankful that the people at Ralph Lauren are super friendly and approachable. Hit it off with my new colleagues quite well. Hopefully it stays that way. They're quite flexible too. Told them I couldn't work this weekend because of the BB/GB Adventure camp, and Alvin, the asst manager, was OK with it.

I was quite worried I might have to sacrifice the camp, but thank you Lord that I didn't have to!

Gotta sleep now. Another day of work awaits.