Saturday, July 16

Carnival

Had the worst possible start to the day. Woke up and checked my phone. 720am.

720am?!!!

I had to be at Nanyang Pri by 730am! ARGHHH! I tell you, I've never changed into my clothes so quickly in my life. Except maybe that time back in OCS Sierra Wing when Suhaimi and I were the last ones in the platoon to fall in cos we overslept. Heh.

Anyway, thankfully there was a cab that happened to see me as I walked out my condo gate. Got to NYPS in 10 mins. The cab uncle was a speed demon. Heh.

The BB Cares Carnival took place today, and the boys were supposed to pick up our VIPs from the Moral Welfare Home before heading of to the carnival at the Police Academy. It was quite amusing seeing how the boys were just so chatty, noisy and hyperactive before meeting our guests. Once they were paired up with our guests, they all looked visibly uncomfortable and quiet! Haha! Rare sight!

I was very touched by the efforts of the boys to make our guests feel at home. You know they sincerely wanted to help. Our guests were either mentally challenged or elderly folk with no relatives, so this outing really meant a lot to them. Super funny la the kids. They were fine accompanying our guests for the 1st hour, but then by the 2nd hour they got distracted by the games and food stalls, so they left the guests with us and went off to do their own stuff! Argh!!! Ah well. Sorta anticipated that actually. =)

On a side note, really hope the PUNJers can get a team together for the Quiksilver Beach Volleyball Open coming up next week. Super rushed but I want my free T-shirt! And of course hopefully whoop some ass along the way. Heh.