Thursday, August 4

Blast From The Past

Checked out the new library with Apes yesterday, and I gotta say the place is neato! My inner nerd was salivating as we made our way through the levels. I actually thought they would have problems with space wastage, especially after seeing how empty Jurong East Community Library is. Like the shelves are so far apart. The arts center takes up about 3 levels I think.

The view from the top is fantastic, you can see for miles from the city, and we managed to get there just when the sun was setting. Such a beautiful sight seeing the pinkish sun descend on our little island city. I think if I was studying there, I probably wouldn't be able to concentrate! Open spaces is something that's so lacking in S'pore, so a library with a view is definately most welcomed.

We checked out the newspaper archives, the library has every issue of The Straits Times for the past 200 years, and it's just so fascinating to see what the world was like before. The librarian was so patient and nice in explaining to us how to view the archives. They have them stored on microfilm, so you need to view it using a projector. Macam like those private investigators you see in the movies man, scrolling through old case files...

Anyways on the day Apes was born, they just decided to build the Singapore Indoor Stadium, Sampdoria was still a powerhouse in the Italian league, and Ong Teng Cheong was still the Chairman of NTUC.

ASOC camp tomorrow morning till Saturday afternoon. Gotta feeling I won't be sleeping much. Pray for good weather! Please!