Sunday, September 11

Post Army Half Marathon

Typing this in school. Yup, it's Sunday, and I'm in school. Financial Accounting presentation tomorrow, so I'm meeting up with my group later in and hour's time to have a run through. Hopefully we don't take too long to tie up the loose ends. Quite sleepy after AHM.

I had a relatively good run this morning. Got up at 4.45 AM, hopped into a cab and met Jason, Soon Wee and his friend (whoops SW I forgot his name!) at SMU by 5.30AM. Put our "barang barang" into Jason's and my locker, and made our way to the starting point at Esplanade.

Pretty much like last year's run, except this year, they were able to resume using Nicoll Highway as part of the route. Yup, we all remember why Nicoll Highway was off limits last year.

Jason was commenting about how my pace kept altering throughout the run. I guess I really can't keep a constant pace, or else I'll just die of boredom. I was actually running to the tempo of the music I was listening to. Ha. Oh and the iPod nano works fantastic! Music doesn't skip at all, due to the flash based memory. I really should get an armband though. Gulp, I foresee myself buying a lot more accesories for the dang thing. I actually went back to the Wheelock Apple store with Apes today, just to check if there were any accessories (there won't be any till 2 weeks from now), and I found out that the 4GB Black iPod nanos are ALL SOLD OUT!

Dan (my bro) was really disappointed, cos he wants one for his birthday coming up on Tuesday, so I helped him place a pre-order. It's quite funny really, when I first told my Mom that I spent 400 bucks on the iPod, she was pretty pissed. But then when I showed it to her, she was like, "Oh wow, this is pretty neat!". Design works wonders.

That's how Apple works. They reel you in with their uber-chio products, and then before you know it, you're a slave to their accessories because they look so darn gorgeous, and you just want to keep buying more.

Music really takes your mind off fatigue when running. Listening to Jamiroquai's Supersonic while climbing up Benjamin Sheares Bridge really gets the adrenaline going. Hoohah! Terry Fox Run next Sunday guys?