Saturday, December 31

Looking Ahead. Reflections.

Honestly, it doesn't really feel like the end of the year for me. I've sort of lost track of time ever since A came back. It's been a fantastic 2 weeks. I felt my holiday didn't really start until I went to pick her up at the airport. That said, I'll probably still be in the holiday mood into the first week of school. Looking forward to the new term, with the new people I'll meet and the promising events that are coming up.

The possibility of hosting the tri-uni sports bash with Grace in Feb, the annual SG Biathlon in March, Cedar Point come May. Christmas 2006 in Kathmandu.

I'm just thinking back right now about all the stuff that's happened this year:
ORD-ing, Europe, getting to know the Si Ling BGB kids, the extremely enjoyable and enriching church camp @ Putrajaya, climbing Mt. Kinabalu, getting involved with the Nanyang Pri BB, starting school at SMU, running a marathon for the first time, PUNJ Camp, the fantastic Decemeber hols spent with A and her family.

Being in the army at the beginning of the year just seems like such a distant memory. I think I've done a good job assimilating back into the civilian world. HA! The first few months of the year wasn't so good for me. Emotionally I was pretty down most of the time for some reason. The turning point probably came during the Europe trip, which was such a blast. Euroboys, we meet up again when Jem and Jer are back la! So if you're down and out, GO VISIT EUROPE. Ha.

Getting involved with the Boys and Girls' Brigade at Siling Sec this year was really a blessing for me. I've enjoyed their company so much, during the camps and weekly drills, and I've learnt so much about myself when it comes to handling the gang.

Elliot's leaving for Auckland in 2 days time. His family's already left, but he's decided to stay for the new year and is currently crashing at my place. We've been through so much together mate. Not many people can say they've had friends since they were 3 years old, but I'm glad we can. Will visit Middle Earth one day. Check out his blog here

So many things I'm thankful for, and you know, it's so easy to take your blessings for granted when things are going good. I really thank God for bringing me through this first term in SMU. It's been hectic, and very stressful at times, but I really can't see myself anywhere else. Thank God for the new friends, and the new opportunities that has been presented to me in BE, relatively good grades, and an environment which I feel comfortable in. On hindsight, it was the right choice. Think I wouldn't have enjoyed NTU as much.

2006 is gonna be challenging. We just got to keep God at the center of our lives and commit everything to Him, and all of a sudden, all that uncertainty isn't so scary anymore. We'll plod on eh?

THANK GOD FOR SKYPE.