Wednesday, February 22

Exfoliate

I look like a burn victim, with my face peeling and all.

Thankful I could even complete the NUS Biathlon on Sunday, considering it was my first time swimming for 2 months. No time to train sadly. Waikiki was a blast. Beach volleyball with the Gan-inators (hurh hurh), and beach soccer with the "Kik Es" team from SMUBE! Damn funny la you guys. It was sizzling hot though. The next day in school, you could clearly tell who went for Waikiki. Half of SMU looked like overcooked crabs. Ha!

SMUCF Membership class in the afternoon. Wai said something that made me feel guilty, that we shouldn't separate Church from SMUCF, cos' SMU is where God has put me. It's just such a fine balance, managing church, ministry, and all the other commitments I have.

It's a good thing I only started peeling this morning. Can't imagine if I started peeling while hosting the TUSH bash with Grace last night. Both of us were really tired after a long day in school, and we went home right after hosting the bash. Didn't stay for the party. At least we got free drinks.

Grace and I were talking before the bash, and just saying how we're more like late night supper people, rather than late nite chiongsters. To me, clubbing feels like quite an empty activity, that and I'm quite lazy when it comes to dressing up (hurh hurh). For those that go to drown their sorrows, while the alcohol and loud music numbs you from reality, I think you'll probably wake up the next morning feeling worse when you originally started. And much poorer, for the guys at least.

Anyway, been finding myself judging people of late, making impressions of them and feeling guilty after. It's quite apt that I had to do Matthew 7 for devotion today:

Matt 7:1-5-
1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.


Thank You for the reminder.