Wednesday, February 1

Post CNY

The POSB Roadshows today went great! I think I really can improve when it comes to acting in front of kids though. You really need to exaggerate EVERY action that you do, to get a reaction out of the children. It was a bit intimidating at first, cos' Merve and Gen had theatre experience, or experience working with kids. Merve works with Kids Central, and Gen does D&Ds and children's parties on the side, while I uh...have done MCing at OCS Commissioning Parades?! The kids were very easily amused. When Merve went "I'm going to tell you a story about a boy named...Ah Boy", all of them broke out in laughter! Weird sense of humour these kids. It was quite an eye opener for me, seeing how Merve worked the crowd. He's a real natural!

It's a real blessing that I got the opportunity to do these shows, cos' I REALLY need the money to travel within the next few months. The pay's quite decent. They pay by each show you do, and it sure beats slogging your ass off the whole day at a rate of 7 bucks an hour. But I was thinking, for me to earn enough for a plane ticket to York, I would still have to do about 40 shows! !@#$! Well. I guess there's no such thing as easy money. Tuition's out of the question seeing as how I'll be out of the country for a whopping 4 months during the mid year.

Been watching lots of videos and DVDs over the CNY holiday. Reservior Dogs is FANTASTIC. Another Quentin Tarantino classic (Yeah I know it's been out for at least a decade, I'm slow, sue me.). Family Dog is hillarious, and Bleach is...going into a 30+ episode filler. Nooooo!!!

Alright Gabe, back to work. BACK TO WORK. NOW.