Tuesday, July 4

Oops

Yep, they had to "let me go" on Thursday, one day after I came back from Chicago.

I realised something was wrong when I reported to work on Thursday morning 9am, only to be told I could go home, and that I had to see the manager at 2pm.

When called into the office, I was told that on Sunday, a secret shopper (employees that are hired to pose as guests) caught me offering them a deal for my game (Break-A-Plate). What was the deal? The game goes like this. You pay 2 bucks, you get 2 balls. You have to break 2 plates to win.

I told the duo, that if both of them played a 2 dollar game each, they would only have to break 2 plates between them to get a prize, since they're allowed to share games. I didn't think much of my bending the rules a bit, since the odds of people breaking 2 plates was pretty slim. It was just quite "suay" that I got caught doing it.

Apparently, they were not ok with it, told my manager, and the rest they say is...

How am I feeling about it? I'm actually more relieved than bitter that I don't have to work at Cedar Point anymore. The past week has been a tough one, because I was constantly thinking of quitting early to go back home. So many things have cropped up back home, and I really don't see the need to work at Cedar Point anymore, since money was never the main reason why I was working.

I don't regret what I did. I seriously didn't think I did anything to warrant that kind of measure, but I'm glad I get to leave now, because there's just so much more for me to do back home.

The past few days has been frantic, trying to rearrange flights and make plans to get back home.

Just got to Philadelphia this morning for the 4th of July. Lionel Ritchie and Fantasia Barrinno are performing tomorrow! Woohoo!