Friday, June 4

Hard to believe that in less than 12 hours, I'll be in Dim Sum land. Taking the 8am flight to Hong Kong later on. I'm packed and all ready to go. Coincidentally, Corinne's leaving the country too for M'sia. She'll be back a day earlier though.

Had a hectic afternoon suprisingly. Had to mark 100 scripts for the cadets. The scripts were for Military Service Writing, basically it's just testing the cadets how to write letters according to the military format. Yes folks, you heard right. Letter writing. I had to frantically look at each script and compare them with the given answer. Thank God I had the rest of my colleagues in the office with me to help. Han, Teng, ZhiJie, Gary- Thanks guys. I owe you all Ji Dan Mian (The canteen's specialty)! So we managed to finish marking everything in under 2 hours. Jeremy took leave to study for his CFA on Saturday, so he couldn't help.

It was my fault that we had to rush. I just left the stack of papers there while doing my other duties. Lesson learnt Gabe, no more procrastination. Ma'am gave me a lecture for leaving it till the last minute. I would have felt better if she had scolded me, but even when she's angry, CPT E's just so mild! And it just makes me feel worse that I've pissed off someone so good natured.

Anyways, went for my first drum lesson at PS just now. At first, I thought I was in the wrong class when I saw that most of my fellow classmates were probably in secondary school. Needless to say, I felt REALLY OLD. Then this guy that looked no less than 25 came in late. Heh. Phew. Not so old after all. But then again, you're never too old to pick up a new instrument la...

The class was really basic. The instructor assumed that all of us knew zilch about music and started explaining about whole notes and quavers and semi-quavers. We then proceeded to do some "rudimentary drum drills" as he called it. It got a bit annoying, as I just wanted to start whacking some drum skins, and smash some cymbals. I guess I really should strengthen my foundation before moving on to cheem-er stuff.

I'll be back on Tuesday. Ciao for now.