Friday, January 21

Transition

I'll miss NS life. Yes you heard me say it. God has really blessed me with a fantastic job, an awesome boss in Captain Evelyn, and wonderful colleagues to work with. I've had it a lot better than most. A lot of opportunites to enrich myself have come by, and I'm glad that I've seized most of them. I could have done more of course, but I'm content with what I've taken away from NS.

This long, two year adventure really has opened my eyes to a lot of things. It's brought me out from my comfort zone, by meeting people of all sorts of different backgrounds. It's made me re-evaluate what's really important to me, and it really has taught me life lessons that you just can't learn in a classroom. Which is why I highly encourage the government to introduce NS for girls as well. HAHAHA. (Gulp! Don't send me hate mail ladies!)

Ahem, but seriously speaking, I've seen my family in a different light, and realised how important they are to me. I've learnt how people's true colours really show in times of desperation, and how it can really inspire you or disgust you. What it really means to gain respect. I've seen some really solid commanders, and some commanders who are just a waste of taxpayers money. How sometimes shit still happens even if you've done everything to prevent it. How office politics can sometimes be harsher than the jungles of Brunei... I could just go on and on...

Heh. Me missing my NS life doesn't mean I'll wanna sign on though. I'm pretty sure I have a calling elsewhere. Just waiting for God to gimme a ring.

Well, bring on the real world.