Saturday, May 14

I Thought I Was Done With Walking!

A belated happy birthday to Kelly once again! She had her little birthday celebration at a function room in Swissotel last night. All decked out in her bridal gown and all. Heh.

Got home at about 1 am only to be awoken by Elliot's phonecall at 4am. The rest of the guys (Elliot, Danny, Leighton, Daniel, Marilyn, Juliana, Diane and Lionel) had already started walking from Si Ling Sec @ Woodlands, down to Choa Chu Kang, past Bukit Panjang, and were gonna pass by my place at Hillview. Yes you heard right, WALKING.

We were supposed to recce the route for the upcoming Boys/ Girls' Brigade Adventure Camp. So the rest started at 11pm while I got my 3 hrs of sleep. We proceeded to Bukit Batok Central and headed to Bukit Timah Hill. Supposed to go Kismis Avenue, but decided to give it a miss. Climbed the super long way up to the summit, which took us an hour and a half. It poured half way up, and I could not help but imagine how wonderful it would have felt to sleep in on a rainy Saturday morning. =(

Suddenly, reminders of those army days came flashing by, where your morale hits rock bottom once your socks and underwear get drenched, and you're walking through the jungles with no idea how long the trail is.

Anyway, the breakfast at Bukit Timah Market was reward enough. Can't really complain about being tired seeing as how the others walked a much longer distance. Woodlands to Hillview. No joke. Heh. I hope I can stay awake during Nydia's play later. Go Nyd!