Saturday, May 28

Wah Damn High Crass Ah

You know before working there, I've never bothered to go into any of the Polo Ralph Lauren shops, knowing that there's no way I'm gonna pay 120 bucks for a collared shirt.

It's been an interesting few days attending to the customers. There are the nice ones and the nasty ones. You have your usual tai tais, tourists, and businessmen decked out in Hugo Boss, but once in a while, you get a humbly dressed guy decked out in plain t-shirts, shorts and slippers. Don't let appearances fool you though,

The other day, this guy entered the shop and started looking around the Men's Classic section where I'm stationed. He was wearing a really worn out Real Madrid jersey, and came in slippers. I attended to him and he started picking out shirts like mad. Spent about 500 bucks plus. In another incident, this respectable-looking businessman scolded and shouted at my colleague for telling him the wrong discount for a pair of pants he wanted. Retarded. You can spend hundreds on all the Gucci shit you're carrying, and you get so worked up over paying 10 extra dollars for a pair of pants? Where's the logic in that?

Anyway, I just have to say my colleagues have been a hoot to be with! Michael, Wanwen, Joslyn, Esther, Nor, Chris, Ming Wei, all very easy people to get along with. Thank God!

Oh by the way, does anyone have a copy of "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy"? I promise to keep the book in good condition!