Wednesday, June 8

Tuesday

Off day on Tuesday. Woke up early to cycle to CDANS for a swim, then followed by gym. Damn paranoid about my bike being stolen man, even if I did lock the rear wheel and take out the bike seat.

Anyway, you would never guess who I saw at the gym, guys (speaking to ex-ACSians here). I entered the gym toilet, to find KENNETH SEAH sitting on the bench! Mr Seah, or Uncle Kenneth as we all affectionately call him, was my physics and form teacher during those memorable Sec 3&4 years.

He'd just came back from a run...after coming from Driving lessons at BBDC! Which is damn funny cos' we all remember him telling the class to wish him all the best for his TP one day, and then he came back with a black face. Obviously he failed then. I was under the impression that he was still trying to get his license for the past 6 years. But he clarified that it was his riding license he was trying to get while I was still in AC la. Heh.Was fun chatting with him.

Headed down to Crystal Jade Xiao Long Bao @ Taka for dinner with Jeremy (Yap) and Deneng. Too bad CPT Evelyn couldn't make it. Jeremy's leaving for London next week, so I had to meet up with him before I leave for Putrajaya this Saturday. He managed to get a job as an analyst at Merrill Lynch's London office! Damn happy for him. Investment banking is really where I hope to get into. I know I haven't even started uni, but at least it's something to work towards. Security analysis and EBITDA eh Jem? I'll remember that buddy.

After dinner we went our separate ways, and I spoke to Deneng while we were walking towards the MRT station. He told me that his younger sister's boyfriend had passed away in a motocycle accident. Her boyfriend was Jing Wei. I guess the six degrees of separation theory is true. Deneng says that she's a wreck after Jing Wei's death. God help her.

Am I selfish if I do decide to get a motobike? I mean, if anything does happen to me, then so be it. If God wants ya to go, ya gotta go. What would break my heart is the hurt and pain that I would have caused to my family and friends. I can't imagine what Deneng's sister is going through, having your loved one taken away from you so suddenly.

Sigh. Hope she'll be fine soon.