Sunday, July 10

Gabe Survives The Weekend

Seriously damn shack. It all started with KTV on Friday night. When I sent out the mail telling everyone about it, I totally forgot that I had to be at Nanyang Pri Sch for BB at 730am on Saturday morning.

Saturday:

Slept at 3am and woke up at 7am to take the 20 minute cycle down to NYPS. Thank God the streets were pretty quiet, cos'I was cycling with my eyes half opened. Quite dangerous actually. After sitting through my first parade session @ NYPS, I really feel the calling to serve there. As much as it sucks to leave Si Ling, after all the bonds I've made with the kids, I can probably serve in Nanyang better in the long run. Hopefully it's the right decision.

The kids were so cute man. Kinda noisy also la, but then again which primary school kids aren't? I look at them and I see minds waiting to be moulded. They say the character of a person is determined within the crucial early years of a persons life, and I really hope to be a positive influence on the kids, with what gifts I have been blessed with. Also found out there were quite a few white horses in the company. Sons of ministers, grandsons of ex-presidents, no wonder the teachers there quite stress when it comes to discipline. Heh.

Cycled back home, and then took a bus down to ARPC for PUNJ. Last workshop on Evangelism. The gist of the workshop was that to evangelise, we really have to "Become all things to man...", as it is quoted in 1 Corinthians 9: 19-23. In other words, in spreading the gospel, we have to make sure we're relevant to our target audience. So we did an exercise in which we broke up to our different groups depending on our uni/sch, and start to list the general characteristics of the ppl in that school. So I was in the group profiling SMU students. Once we had a general profile, we thought of ways in which we could evangelise in such a way that would appeal to SMU students specifically. It was very useful to say the least. I hope I'll be able to put it into practice soon.

Went for service after PUNJ, but was really sleepy. Kept doodling to stay awake, much to the amusement of Clare, Deborah and April. Sorry for distracting you guys. =( After which we adjourned to Holland V for a nice "tze char" dinner and coffee at TCC. Was almost left brain dead talking to Desmond about the "personal God" issue. Left Holland V at 10pm, only to sleep at 3am.

Sunday:


Woke up at 630am, met up with Eric and made our way to Changi Village for the Zhenghua Pri Sch camp recce. Got super pissed. Told us to be there at 9am, but we only left for Ubin at 1030am. Damn waste time man. Walked around Ubin from 11 till 3 looking for the checkpoints that we're supposed to bring the kids through during the camp.

Got back to mainland by 4pm, and proceeded to Suntec Marche with Hanxian and Chris to meet my Orientation Group for this Tuesday's orientation. They seem like really nice people that I'll be able to get along with so Thank God! Not everyone came though. Hopefully Tuesday will be better. Popped by the Ralph Lauren store to say hi to the guys before heading home.

i just thought i'd chronical this, cos'when I wake up tomorrow I'll probably won't remember much, since I was in a daze most of this weekend. Night guys. zzz.