Saturday, August 27

Psycho September

I am really beat right now. I actually wanted to take tomorrow's New Balance Real Run seriously, but in the state I'm in right now, I think I'll just take a nice leisurely run on the beach with the rest of the PUNJers. Heh.

Looking at the schedule for September, it's gonna be super hectic. SMUX adventure race with Jason and Charlene next Saturday, AHM on 11 September, a whole lot of projects and assignments to settle, CCAs to settle into, the possibility of forming a new club on the horizon (I hope it materializes).

I really pray I don't lose focus. Good thing I didn't bid for that extra module. Don't think I'd be able to cope. Figured I'm not really in a rush to take so many mods anyway, just focus on what I've got now. Otherwise I may end up playing catch up with my GPA scores in terms to come. Why everyone so kan cheong to bid for extra mods ah? Seriously.

Anyway, share with you what happened yesterday at Ultimate Frisbee. So there were about 50 or so of us Freshies trying out the sport, and I must say I think I'm hooked! Think I'll be joining more trainings if time permits.

We broke up into groups and started playing against each other. It became obvious the team I was in was dominating the game against the other team, and everyone was enjoying the 'spirit of the game' (as they say in ultimate), until one of my teammates made a comment, 'Give them chance la!'

Obviously he was really annoyed that the other team seem to offer him 'no challenge', as he put it. Throughout the 30 mins we were playing, my teammate made some nasty remarks which were pretty condescending, like 'They suck' and it irked the other team quite visibly. Mind you all this was said in the other team's presence.

When I went over to apologize, some of them ignored me, understandable I guess. But I was glad some of them understood it was just one of us being a complete JACKASS.

I'm sure we've seen this sort of behaviour in people when it comes to sports. What I'd like to ask is, what pleasure do people get in putting others down like that? Does it give you a sense of superiority over others? I say it's just sick man. Grow up.