Wednesday, August 17

The Road To Kona. The Path To Kathmandu.

I've not been the best big brother to Daniel and Caleb. All these years, I've constantly neglected my family, with my heavy involvement in school and church activities, meeting up friends, and just staying out sometimes. It's just so sad that I communicate more with my friends than my own flesh and blood.

Things are a lot better now. I used to ask Dan or Caleb how their exams were, only for them to give me the reply that their papers ended pretty long ago and they were enjoying their holidays. Basically, I really didn't know what was going on in their lives. We lived under the same roof, but we were worlds apart. I'm pretty determined not to let that happen again as school starts.

We've been talking a lot more, Dan and I. Life goals, our faith in God, how we're really worried about Caleb as he keeps coming back late everyday, etc. Dan watched the annual Ironman competition held in Kona, Hawaii, on cable the other day. He's been getting in shape for army, and he did share that an Ironman competition would be one thing he would want to do in his life, something that I would like to do too. So we've decided, for the next 4 years, we'll work towards this ultimate goal of completing an Ironman competition, after Dan's done with his NS. There are a few around the region, but the toughest I've heard, has to be the one in Kona. I hope we'll have the discipline to work towards it.

April's photos of her Nepal trip have also really inspired me to want to visit Kathmandu some day. Right now, so many things are in limbo, with the timetable STILL not out. Last year the timetable for freshies was released much earlier I heard. Why is SMU trying to be DIFFERENT every year? Chao cheesepie.

Anyways, I'm hoping to get something going soon, and we will probably be asking around who will be interested. The only reason we'll not go, is if the Maoist rebels in Nepal gain control of the country and acquire nukes or something like that. August or December 2006. Mark that down Gabe.