Monday, September 12

Spoil Market

Financial Accounting presentation went really well! Thank God! Prof Gan was commenting on how he was expecting the standards to be much lower, but we had unexpectedly set high standards for the rest of the class. Spoil market man! I'm sure the rest will be able to top it though.

I think we were really fortunate to be the first group to present for this semester. The questions are bound to get tougher as the weeks pass, so it's great that we get it done as soon as possible. Very thankful that my teammates are quite capable. David especially, is quite a "lao jiao" when it comes to FA, cos' he's done it before in secondary school.

It was quite a compliment when Prof Gan asked me after the presentation, "Gabriel, have you done accounting before?". Imagine that! I don't think I was THAT convincing! My other teammates definately have a much better understanding of FA than me I feel. He was really generous with his praises for the group, and I now feel the added pressure of maintaining this 'high standard' he now associates us with.

Ben was constantly bombarded with questions, which I felt was quite unfair to him. I really felt like telling some of the guys to shut up. This is what happens when you get participation points for speaking up. Some questions were legitimate of course, some were just time wasters.

Went down to the Society for the Physically Disabled with Yiling, Peggan, Ben, Chris and Jinshu this afternoon to clarify what their needs are. We're doing this community service project as part of LTB (Leadership and Team Building) module that all of us have to take. Some feel that it's a pain in the ass, forcing us to do comm service, but there really are so many takeaways here. Our initial proposal was ok, but we have to make some changes to the project. Looking forward to working with SPD.

I'm still limping after yesterday's AHM. Managed to do 1h 53mins, which is above my expectations, considering the longest distance I've clocked for training prior to AHM was 12km. 2 months plus to Stand Chart!