Sunday, October 9

Christmas Isn't THAT Long From Now

I'll be fine as long as I keep my mind occupied. So what's happening Gabe?

Went down to AJC this morning for the ACE Adventure Race Proficiency Test on abseiling and jumaring. Jumaring's basically climbing up 2 ropes using these clips, or jumars (hence the term jumaring). You move the clips up on each rope one at a time to ascend Damn shack man, I gotta work on my momentum.

Played soccer this afternoon with the True Way folks. It was so good to see them all again, especially Terence, Vince and Weiliang. Fun stuff la. We went down to the NTU field at Hall 6 to have a kick about. Was trying to contain "Crespo" (One of the Thai dudes wearing a Chelsea jersey, I forgot his name! =/ )for the whole match down the right flank. Managed to score one, sort of, the other team headed my cross into the own goal la. Oops.

Adjourned to John's house for dinner with his family. It's been so long since I've tasted Dee Kor's (Second Aunt) cooking. Sedap!

It's the mid term break! Ultimate Frisbee Competition tomorrow at Bishan Park, Christian Fellowship Fun Day at Botanics on Tuesday, FA project meet up on Wed, Sentosa with the FA class on Thursday, and Friday...well I'll think of something to do.

You know, I really love how SMU just gives us so many opportunities to do cool stuff overseas. Cycling in the Himalayas, Sail trip to Pulau Aur. The one that I’m really interested in though, is the US Work and Experience Programme next Summer ( May to August). The interview’s in 2 weeks, and if I manage to get it, I’ll be working at Cedar Point next summer! Cedar Point is one of the best roller coaster theme parks in the world, if you’re wondering.

Hoping to go for exchange in my 3rd year. Yes it’s a long way off, but must plan right? I really want to go Israel. SMU has an exchange agreement with IDC Herzliya, in Herzliya. A week long holiday there just isn’t enough. I want to experience the culture, the people, walk where Jesus walked (physically I mean), and see the places we always read about in the Bible. I just think it would really give reading the Bible a whole new perspective. How cool would it be to study Jewish history in an Israeli University? I guess safety’s an issue, but if God calls you to go, don’t think you can do anything about it right?

I’m looking forward to Christmas. =)