Monday, January 16

Sweetness

Alright, so I've been going around telling people to update their blogs, cos it's such a good way to keep in touch with what's going on in people's lives even if we can't meet. And yet, *gasp*, I haven't been updating myself! So here goes.

The beginning of the term has been hectic to say the least, what with all the projects coming up. I think most of us feel the urge to finish up the projects fast, so that we can concentrate on the exams. This term's definately more interesting than the last.

Let me just tell you about the BGS module I'm taking. We're suppose to do a project on "business ethics", and it requires us to pick an industry and analyse if there is a potential for ethics to be breached in the course of business. Past projects include insurance companies, medical practices, KTV lounges, and even massage parlours. One group even went to Batam and compared the prostitution scene there to the one in Geylang.

The whole idea is to include the elements of Business, Government and Society, and see how each of the elements affect one another. Looks like it's gonna be another eye opening experience. Prof Yeoh is probably going to organise an excursion to Batam for us to check out the Singaporean industrial parks there, for us to see for ourselves the difference in work ethic between Singaporeans and Indonesians.

It's just going to be a lot of reading for the other modules, especially Business Law and Management Accounting. Analytical Skills frustrates at times, but it's quite satisfying when you get the answer (or at least what you THINK is the right answer).

School aside, there're quite a few things lined up for me. Still continuing with the Nanyang Boys Brigade kids on Saturday mornings, which I admit, it's been quite a struggle waking up just to reach NYPS by 730am (which explains why I'm late most of the time =p)

There's gonna be lots of new changes in store for PUNJ, especially when ARPC moves to Bishan temporarily in April. Hoping to continue learning more from 1 John, and I really pray my hectic school life won't take priority over church and fellowship with church mates.

Hoping to get more exposure and make some cash on the side with the emcee opportunities coming up. Primary school assemblies, shopping centre roadshows, it'll be a real challenge with the different audiences I'll have to adapt to.

And yet, with all these things happening, I just pray I won't get distracted and neglect my walk.

Phew.