Wednesday, December 12

Bring on Bohemia

Exams are over and I must say it has been a very eventful term. It's really by God's grace that I've been able to manage commitments in the Christian Fellowship, studies and still have time to spend with the people I love.

The SMUCF December Bible Retreat was a time of good teaching, a lot of food (Punggol Nasi Lemak, Punggol Seafood Chilli Crab, Teochew Porridge...mmmm), and a good time to hang out with the CFers. Good thing Fu Khai brought all those board games man. It was raining a lot so we had to stay indoors most of the time.

The topic for the retreat was 'The Holy Spirit'. In Christian circles, there are various interpretations as to what the role of the Holy Spirit is and how God speaks to us. Some interpretations more biblically sound than others. Does God talk to us through a still small voice in our head? Does it mean we're not filled with the Holy Spirit if we don't speak in tongues? Is being filled with the Spirit a warm fuzzy feeling? All these questions, and more, were answered. I'll try to upload the videos on the SMUCF website, as soon as I figure out how to compress 7.3GB worth of video. =/

The past week has been spent meeting up with friends, many of whom I have neglected as a result of the busy school term. The urgency to meet up is even greater as I'll be leaving for York this Saturday night. Pretty excited about it. Looking forward to just taking time off to get out of the country to rest and reflect on the past few months. Brought plenty of books to keep me busy while Apes goes off to work in the day.

We'll be traveling to Prague over Christmas with Huimin, so that should be a lot of fun! Christmas markets, the history, the city covered in snow, can't wait! The only thing I'm not looking forward to? It's -5 degrees in Prague now, and I'm not a big fan of cold weather. Would rather bake in the sweltering heat. =/

Oh well. Bring on Bohemia!