Monday, December 13

Welcome Home Ellie

Elliot's back from NZ, though his folks are still there. Result of not having enough leave to clear. Heh. Weiliang and I drove down to the airport to pick him up for dinner.

Waited at the taxi stand for about 20 mins, cos' Elliot wanted to do some duty free shopping. Got told by the carpark attendent I was allowed to park there... Oh well, so made one loop. I got a feeling the P-plate is sorta an invitation for pple to pick on you. I saw other cars parked there but no one told them to move! Driver's don't usually give way either when you wanna change lane on the expressway...never mind... few more months to go.

So we went to Changi Village for a super unhealthy (but delicious nonetheless) supper. Elliot and I agreed that we've become a lot more health conscious ever since entering the army. I cringe when I see oil dripping down chicken fats, and Coke really tastes too damn sweet. All those water parades have inculcated in me the belief that water really still is the best beverage.

Took the scenic route home, via ECP. I was relating how it's nice to drive by the S'pore skyline everytime you come home from Changi... I remembered I was almost moved to tears when I saw our skyline, right after I came back from Brunei. Ha! The simple things we take for granted.

Probably gotta meet up later cos Elliot left his booze in the car! D'oh!