Sunday, January 23

What?! You Want Me To Do What?!

And I thought Thursday was gonna be a slow day. Got a call after my lunchtime swim saying that some big shots were coming down to OCS at the last minute, and that they needed someone to give a presentation about the OCS website. I had something like 45 minutes to rehearse, cos' boss was busy with the commissioning parade rehearsals.

It was really frantic. I started imagining scenarios where my ORD date would be delayed, or how I would "kena extras" if I screwed up the presentation. Among the crowd was a general, many senior commanders, and Commander himself. It was a good thing our guests were dressed in civilian clothes. Seeing the rank somehow makes it a lot more intimidating. Thank God we managed to get by, considering we were given such short notice. I guess all those public speaking lessons I taught the cadets helped a big part here.

Potential disaster avoided.