Monday, February 28

Thanksgiving

So I finally got the opportunity to say it. Finally told the people in True Way my intentions, and I'm glad they're ok with it. Thank you so much Uncle Ben for giving the opportunity for playing in the band, inspite of my un-pro-ness.

While leading Darryl and Chris for Bible Study yesterday afternoon, Darryl brought up the passage about Mary and Martha, cos' we were talking about how everyone had different gifts and that we should use them to serve. Darryl brought up the story cos' he said that God would rather us listen to him then serve him. Here's the passage:

At the Home of Martha and Mary
Luke 10:38-42
38As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. 40But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
41“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42but only one thing is needed.
Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

As much as I really wanna serve in True Way, I guess these verses reinforce what I'm feeling, and that I shouldn't put service before my spiritual growth. Sure service is important, but without that input, you can get drained. I hope to get that input from PUNJ. And i hope to be more involved in PUNJ. With Mark in Sydney, I hear they need people to help out with the Boys
and Girls' Brigade ministry. We'll see how that plays out.

Yesterday, being the last Sunday of the month, there was a time of sharing at the main service, where anyone could go up on stage and share something. I really felt prompted to share about how God has really blessed me and seen me through the past 2 years in the Army. There were lots of tough times, but the people he put me with and the comfort of His words saw me through.

Sharing at 1 service didn't seem to do justice to all God has done for me, so I shared at the s2nd service as well, since I had to be there to play drums. There were just so many instances in Army where things REALLY could have gone wrong. But the Lord kept us safe from harm. I also shared about the past 2 years being trying times for my family as well, with my Dad being retrenched from his old job. It hit us hard, but Dad managed to regroup and start up his own company importing wine and champagne into S'pore. It's something to be really thankful for, because Dad's business is doing a lot better than he was at his former job, and he seems somewhat happier being his own boss.

I guess it just goes to show that we're never truly in control of what happens. We like to think that we've got our lives all planned out, but truth is, we've got absolutely NO control over what happens to us. At the end of the day, God is the only one who knows what's gonna happen.