Saturday, March 26

I Came. I Saw. I Almost Swam To Indonesia. But Still Conquered La.

It was such an adrenaline rush! I dunno my exact timing, cos someone whacked my watch during the swim, but all in all I think it was about 1hour 25mins for the whole biathlon. I guess I'm just content to complete my first bi. But it could have been a lot better!

My swim took an abysmal 36mins, because the current kept sweeping me off course . The guys in the canoe kept telling me to swim in a straight line! And it's really tough cos, with all the heads bobbing up and down, and the high waves, it's tough to make out where the yellow buoy is. I must have swam at least 400m more than the required 1.5km. Haha! The run was surprisingly relaxed, considering the longest distance I ran in the last month was 2.4km.

It really is a high. I can't describe it, but it sure is a better high than a night out with the guys at Zouk (not to mention cheaper). Was very encouraged to see many friends there. Ghim, Evan, Kevin, Daniel, YC, Isaac (Chan) Mitch (Who was there not by choice, but anyway...) I'm glad I'm not the only one who refuses to turn into a fat lump of lard after NS. Must...maintain...fitness.

Anyway Thank God Mitch was there to help us collect the goodie bag, hence allowing us to leave earlier. When we got to Nat's car, we saw the parking attendent auntie 5 cars away from us. If we had come any later, sure kena fine, cos' Nat's parking ticket expired 10 mins before. Heh. Phew!

A big thank you to Nat for letting me bunk over at his place so we could go down in his ride. Thanks man! Pictures coming up soon!