Wednesday, April 6

Update On Fei

Visited Kang Fei with Elliot today. He's on his 3rd dose of chemo. 5 more to go. Each time he goes for chemo, it requires him to stay in hospital for about a week. They then discharge him for about 1 to 2 weeks before he has to go back for the next cycle of chemo. It's pretty crappy with the side effects and all (nausea, immune system goes down, vomiting, loss of appetite), but Fei hasn't seemed to have lost his sense of humour. Thank God for that. He was suaning me about paying a 1000 bucks for repairs to the car, saying i should have gone to some other unauthorised mechanic. Haha. Do continue to keep him in your prayers folks. (I'll explain about the car later.)

Anyway, been going to NTU everyday for the past 3 days. Helping out with John's play for his theatre module. He's required to direct a 15 min play. We're doing a play by the late local playwriter Kuo Pao Kun. It's about the Grand Eunuch Zheng He. For those of us that don't know nuts about Chinese History (ahem, like myself), at the height of the...ok I forgot which dynasty, but anyway, the emporor entrusted Zheng He with the largest armada of ships ever known to sail the world at that time, and they sailed all the way from China to Africa, and some say he reached America even before Columbus.

The play's about his life, and it's really a satire on Singaporean society. It's divided into 16 modules, of which we're doing 4. It's not your average play. The only actors are Marcel (John's friend) and me. We play different roles throughout the whole thing. Very minimalist, and surrealist. I got this whole chunk of lines to remember by tomorrow. Garr! My brain!

And now, I shall retell my little misadventure with the car. So on the way home from Nanyang Playhouse, John, Michelle (John's gf), Marcel and I decided to get dinner at a Boon Lay Kopitiam. HDB Car parks are so damn cramp, I always have difficulty parking. So I didn't see this pillar while backing up and...well... you get the rest.

Before heading down to NUH to visit Fei, I sent the car to the Toyota repair workshop. Was quite a sight to see all these wrecked cars (see below). I hope the drivers of them got out safe. Dad's still in Bordeaux right now. Will tell him when he gets back. Don't exactly wanna spoil his trip.

Donations to the "Save-Gabe-From-Starving-In-Europe" fund are now open. =(