Friday, June 24

Charm Is Deceptive. Beauty Is Fleeting.

Chris attempted to read my palm today. Judging by the many complicated lines on my hand, he concluded that I think a lot, and worry about the future too much. I don't believe in palmistry, but can't deny that about me I guess. Tend to keep playing the past over and over in my head, thinking if I could have done things differently, and tend to worry about the future as well.

One area I think a lot about is what I hope to see in my future partner. Pastor Joshua's message about "finding an excellent wife/husband" and the sermon on "Lady Wisdom and Madam Folly" during the church camp made me rethink a lot about what was important to me in finding a partner.

Sometimes we're just so blinded and captivated by someone's physical appearances, that we tend to overlook the person's character. I guess it's more an issue for the guys, not that we're all that shallow (umm, not all of us anyway).

Proverbs 31:30 reminds us: "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

That's right. Beauty is fleeting. No amount of botox you pump into your forehead can keep you looking youthful forever, so it's so much more important to find a partner who has a wholesome character, and one who fears and loves God.

I hope it's something I won't have to struggle with in the months to come. Not going ahead with a relationship because she isn't a believer. It's easy to say the right thing to do is to choose God above the person you're infatuated with (assuming she doesn't fear God,or believe), but if it really happens, it's a different story altogether. Such is the foolishness of Man, you know what is the right thing to do, but you hold back because your heart tells you something different altogether.

Argh. The heck. I've not even started uni yet. I think too much.