Wednesday, December 14

People Watching

I'm sitting here at the Info Systems Student Lounge here at SMU typing this. It's got a great view of Campus Green, the roads leading up into Orchard, the Singapore History Museum is just across the road, and you can see the UOB and OUB towers from where I'm sitting. The hustle and bustle of the cars and people just going by, while I'm content sitting in my comfy couch just looking on.

The SMU gym just opened today, so I decided to pop by and check it out. HOLY SMOKES. The equipment is all brand new and pretty nifty. Get this, ALL the cardio machines have touch screen televisions on them. All you have to do is just plug in your personal earphones to listen in. So you can watch any channel you want while running on the threadmill, or if you're on the cycling machine. SHITTE! Where are we getting all the cash to buy these things?!

It's been an enjoyable past few days meeting up with good friends. Went over to Debbie's place last evening to catch up with the OG peeps. Debs, Jacq, Weiming, Esmond and Ambrose. Pity the rest couldn't make it! Played a bit of Winning Eleven and Taboo through the night. I really enjoyed myself! I didn't even notice the time fly by, and when it hit 11, I sorta wondered if I could make the last bus home! (Debs lives in Tampines see. EAST SIDE!)

Dinner with Daphne, Siang, Eric, Yuan Wei and Yihan at The Tea Party down at Sixth Avenue on Monday evening after PUNJ Camp. Fantastic tea and pizza. Drove down to Cineleisure to catch "A History of Violence", which I really thought was a kick ass movie. Great acting. It's great that we're still meeting up after all these years. Really hope we can keep it up guys, even as our lives get busier.

Gotta finish reading Narnia by today, pop by the gym for a short while later, before supper with JH, Isaac and co. at Timbre tonight.

In the meantime, back to my people watching. I wonder where that scruffy looking guy is off to...