Wednesday, October 27

If there's something I've taken for granted for these 2 years in Army, it's the generous cash allowance I get every month (well, generous in my opinion anyway). I've suddenly realised that come uni, I probably can't spend the way I'm spending now, not unless I find some alternative source of income.

And so I've been trying to rack my brains as to the choices available to me right now, and how I'm gonna make the best of the 4 month break before I hit the books. Here's some ideas I've been thinking of...

1. Relief Teaching @ Henry Park, my alma mater. $60 bucks an hour, before CPF deduction. I really like teaching kids, and I'm quite sure I can be the disciplinarian when I have to be. WHIP! Probably good practice for family life in future. Ha. JOIN ME ERIC?

Oh Henry Park... We salute to thee...We'll UNITE into a FAMILY! We'll study in RACIAL HARMONY! Primary School song lyrics are very poetic eh. I can't believe I still remember the tune.

2. Tour guide. Gotta take a 2 month tourism and language course with STB before you actually take tour groups though. So that's the constraint. But think of all them Japanese babes you'll come in contact with!

3. Set up Shilin Snacks Franchise. I have no doubt that if you set one up now, sure can make money! Do you see how many pple queue up at the Plaza Sing outlet for the "Ji Pa"? Unfortunately my pockets aren't that deep to set one up. = ( Maybe should rope dad in.

4. Give Tuition classes. For "Hao Gong Ming" and "Health Education" maybe? Do they still teach that in primary school? But seriously speaking, it may not be a good idea for me cos' I dunno if I can see the student through the year till his exams. Quite irresponsible if I were to leave the guy half way.

5. Last resort. Wear trash bag and beg in Orchard. The underpass between Orchard MRT and Lido has a tremendous volume of human traffic everyday. It takes just 40 people to give me a buck to meet my quota for the day. Hmmm that doesn't sound too bad...

SO that's 5 possibilities. Well Ok exclude No. 5. Anybody else got any ideas? No I refuse to do Multi Level Marketing! It's probably 2nd last on the list above begging.