Thursday, March 3

Ray Charles Robinson

I loved the movie. Jamie Foxx was really convincing as Ray Charles. I never thought I could take him seriously as an actor after watching The Jamie Foxx Show a few years back. But he pulls it off right here man! It was quite an unbiased account of Ray Charles' life, it showed the lows as well as the highs of his life. His battle with heroine, his mistresses on the road, how he overcame all the barriers that comes with being blind to become one of the world's most beloved entertainers. How he fought against racism. Towards the end of the movie, you forget that he's actually blind, because he's just so independent. I'm still quite amazed his wife stood by him through everything he went through, in spite of his infidelity and heroin abuse. Amazing woman.

Anyways yesterday was quite hectic. Cycling at Bukit Timah trail was delayed for a while due to the rain. Once it stopped, we proceeded anyway at about 11 am. So Jason, Wenzheng, Isaac and I took on the trail which became quite challenging due to the wet surface. Isaac took a few tumbles and now has some battle scars to show off. One particular fall was really spectacular! With rolling breakfall and all! I give it a 10 Isaac! It was a good thing he wasn't hurt bad la. It started raining half way through before we made our way to Rodalink to get Isaac's rims fixed (cos they were damaged in his little accident).

Took a quick shower back home before heading down to Hougang (yes, all the way from Hillview) for some badminton with Eugene, Zeng Jia and his friends. Damn fun man! no regrets going down, although I was a little reluctant initially because of the distance. All in all I'm glad my ball sense is still there. Haha.

I had an awesome dream last night. We were just walking down this stretch road flanked by trees shedding their leaves during autumn, the kind you see in those cheesy Korean dramas (corny, but it's my dream, so there!). We were just talking, but it felt like bliss. You looked so angelic. Stupid alarm clock.