Tuesday, March 20

Putting Things Into Perspective

My dad just told me that my second uncle was just diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas yesterday.

It's in its final stages and the cancer has spread to his liver. The doctor says on average, people with this stage of cancer live for about 3 to 9 months. With treatment, 2 years.

This really puts things into perspective. Just a few hours ago, I was blogging about the 'plight' of us students around the end of the term. How myopic of me. I'm ashamed that I even mentioned it. Such self pity is pathetic.

Please pray for my uncle and my cousins. For strength, and an open heart and mind to listen to the gospel. He's not a believer, and my aunties and grandma have tried to share the good news of Jesus with him before. I wish we didn't have to wait for something drastic to happen before the urgency of sharing the gospel kicks in.