Saturday, November 13

Well I think I've pretty much decided on SMU.

The only thing that can change my decision is if NTU decides to give me Comm Studies next year. The guys at SMU actually bothered to hold a get together session for the NS guys, so I went down this afternoon. Bumped into so many people. Andrew, Vince Ha, Lloyd, Daniel Huang, Yan Hui, Steve Lau, Maurice (who gave me a ride out, thanks man!), and Casimir.

So they had talks from the various faculty deans, updating us on what the new developments in the school were. But before the deans spoke, they had this sexy hip hop dance to the tune of Britney's "Me against the Music". Quite good la, the girls actually looked really good pulling off those moves, so well done! And then they had this Stomp like percussion item, which was quite impressive also. In the words of Edwin, "There's so much eye candy here in SMU!" Haha. Well yeah, gotta admit the girls are quite hot.

The MC then came up to me and asked which item I prefered infront of everyone. The drums or the dance. Haha...well...we're all guys right. The funny thing was that the dance girls were all wearing black tank tops with all the Army paraphernalia. The guys in the audience were going like, " Look man! That one is Ranger trained!" or "Wah she got airborne sia!"

They really went out of their way to make us feel uh...welcomed.

Also found out that SMU Acct has more modules than NTU Acct, like Leadership & Team Building, Ethics and Social Responsibilities, Creative Thinking, etc. It's good and all, and I'm really hoping for subjects other than the Acct core. While NTU finishes faster in 3 years, you can actually finish the SMU course in the same time if you choose to. But honestly, I'm in no hurry to go into the working world. If you retire at 65, I doubt 1 year will make much of a difference.

A very fruitful session, I think I got an even clearer picture on what SMU would be like. The students actually say it's quite stressful sometimes, but when they look back, all that they learnt was quite useful and practical. Talked to a few profs and students. It looks promising. I can't wait to get started.