Sunday, March 6

A Weekend For The Body, Mind And Soul

So I went all the way to Tampines SAFRA (East Side!) on Saturday for the Singapore Biathlon Swim Trials. Had to swim 1500m (or 30x50m laps) in under 40 mins. Managed to do it in 32.25mins. Reasonable time, though Nat was saying the competitive pple do it in under 30 mins! Guess I gotta kick ass during the 10km run.

Today's Class ARPC at YMCA was really enriching. Pastor Chris was going through some of the doctrinal basics and what it means to be a member of the church. The class is for people that want to get baptised/transfer their membership to ARPC/ get confirmed. I come under the "get confirmed" category, since I was baptised as a baby.

I'm ashamed to say that although I'm "supposed" to be a Christian since primary school, my knowledge about Jesus and the Church (no guys, the Da Vinci Code does not count as historical reading) is still really limited. How can Jesus be wholly Man and wholly God at once? When and where did the Presbytarian Chruch branch out from? What was with Martin Luther King and the 95 Thesis? Why language is really important when choosing worship songs (Hillsong fans beware!). I'm glad I found the answers to some of these questions, but I 've merely scratched the surface. There're just SOOOO many more issues. I just pray for the willigness and discipline to learn. Eric, when you're back from your course, give me some theology lessons over our gym sessions eh? Heh.

50 Km road relay tomorrow. I'm runner no.2. Pray for the best (and good weather).