Thursday, July 15

I have A LOT to be thankful for.

Was having dinner with Jumpy last evening. Prata @ Al-Ameen. Cycled down to meet him and following which, we went to Mambo for a game of pool. After we parted ways, I figured I would take a short detour to Corinne's place since it was nearby. Was glad I did! I Thank God that I could see her and talk like we haven't seen each other in ages (which
in my terms, is about 2 weeks). Really missed her a lot.

On the way back, I took the Old Jurong Road way back home. Was merging into the right lane as I had to turn right into Hillview Avenue. Checked my rear and shifted into the right. When I did, I heard this car blare its horn at me for at least 5 seconds, the screeching of tires followed. The car very narrowly missed me. My bicycle's speedometer showed 40, judging by that the car was going at least 70.

THANK YOU LORD. It could have ended there and then, but you protected me.

I decided it was a good time to switch to cycling on the pavement for now, until I put rear lights on the bike, and improve on my safety record. As i set on the couch to watch Phil Kheogan eliminate the last team on the Amazing Race, I shuddered to think that in an alternate reality, I could have been lying on the tarmac in a pool of blood at that point in time. Will continue to pray everytime before setting off on a ride.

On a lighter note, I PASSED MY FINAL THEORY!!! THANK YOU GOD!