Thursday, September 23

ARMY HALF MARATHON IN 3 DAYS! ARGHHHH!

I am SO not ready for it man. I've not been joining the cadets for training, usually unable to wake up at the unearthly time of 530am. As much as I've been trying to train by myself, I really don't think it's helping much. Ahh well. Guess I'll just do what Iylia is doing and load up on Carbo right now anyway. Pasta for lunch and dinner till sunday! Heh.

Stayed over at Iylia's yesterday night with Satiish. We didn't plan it, but since his folks were out of town, and all 3 of us had nothing else to do at night, we figured we'd might as well catch a late nite movie, followed by some PS2 action at Iylia's before bedtime.

Today's bible study threw up some interesting questions. Nat was relating how his friend actually prayed for trials to happen in his bible study students' lives, so that they'll be tested. Reason being that, when we don't have trials, we tend not to rely on God. Yikes. Sounds pretty scary. It's a bit extreme to wish trials on others so that their faith will be strengthened isn't it? Won't trials come naturally anyway?

I wouldn't dare do that. If I ever say a prayer like that, I picture God saying, "OK! Here it comes!". And if the trial is something that turns out to be a total disaster, it COULD make you rely on God more, or it could make you turn away from Him completely.

Sigh. Hope Jeremy's knee recovers quick. It sucks working on things alone.