Thursday, January 6

Definately Not Holier Than Thou

I have quite a few friends who get quite pissed off when their Christian friends come along and supposedly "impose their faith" on them. Well if you're not Christian and have come across such unpleasant experiences, lemme just apologize on that person's behalf. It's not anyone's intention to offend you, and your friends really mean well. They just want to share with you someone who has brought so much joy and meaning into their lives.

We're all human. And being human we are inperfect, which is why you see people not practicing what they preach. They can curse and swear on one hand, and then preach to you about how Jesus has changed their life on another. Totally contradictory characters.
However, being imperfect shouldn't be an excuse for such behaviour. Being Christian, you should really work towards being as Christ-like as possible, which I struggle to do daily, I admit.

Being Christian doesn't mean we're saying we're perfect, or that we're putting ourselves on a higher plane than others. Sadly, some people have that misconception, both Christians and non-Christian alike.

Happened to come across this little poem on Melissa's blog. Hope to share it with you guys.:


I Am Christian

When I say "I am a Christian"... I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living!' I'm whispering, 'I'm lost; now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say "I am a Christian"... I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say "I am a Christian"... I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say "I am a Christian"... I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say "I am a Christian"... I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far to visible but God believes I'm worth it.

When I say "I am a Christian"... I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches and so I call upon His name.

When I say "I am a Christian"... I'm not holier than thou. I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace somehow.