Tuesday, July 27

The Observatory rocks! Yes! There is life in Singapore's English music scene after all! Check out their website.

www.theobservatory.com.sg

Awesome use of different instruments, mellow vocals and smooth musical arrangments. Definately worth a listen. The lead, Leslie Low, used to be from Humpback Oak, for those who follow the local music scene. Did I mention the CD cover (more like a case) is really cool? The CD's just wedged inside this "diary".

I just picked up their CD at HMV Heeren just now. Took another half day today. Have to clear my off days by the end of the month otherwise they'll be forfeited! Bumped into John, my cousin at Jurong Point. He was on his way to class at NTU. We talked for a while over sundaes at Mac's. Thx John, really appreciate the advice.

At Heeren, I saw Cui Ru, Liling and Siew Feng...NJ peeps. They're studying at NTU but no classes today... So nice to see familiar faces.

Afterwhich, I made my way to Orchard library for a nice read over a mango smoothie. Spent an hour and a half there before heading home. Truly refreshing.

Think I'll cycle up to Bukit Batok Park now.